Canadian Down Under

Friday, December 03, 2004

I'm a Newbie

So be gentle. A friend backhome has introduced me to the wonderful world of blogging and has suggested that I post some of my thoughts on life as an ex-pat. I think she actually has heard enough of my whining and thinks I need therapy - but knows I'm too cheap and/or proud to actually do that and thought perhaps blogging might be the way to go. I can get it all out of my system and she only has to listen to it when she wants... if she wants....

There is good and bad to living a life far away from home, my family, my friends and my native country (oooh, starting to sound like a national anthemn...) and hopefully I'll remember to write about both.

Perspective. That's the key.

3 Comments:

  • Hi there. Being a newbie myself, I thought I would provide your first comment. I am also Canadian living in the Ottawa region. BTW it is -7 celcius and we had our first snowfall of the season yesterday.

    Later HEY!
    Madfolk

    By Blogger Madfolk, at 2:40 PM  

  • Thanks for the welcome. I'm amazed how quickly someone's read what I wrote - I'm still trying to get it set up right! But I must say - it's nice to hear from a fellow Canadian.

    7 degrees? You're making me less homesick... It was 42 degrees here earlier this week - perhaps a little too hot.... Unfortunately - with that temperature there's absolutely no chance of a white Christmas. Hmmm, maybe I'm more homesick than I thought.

    By Blogger lala, at 2:53 PM  

  • Good luck

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home