Canadian Down Under

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Orion

I saw my favourite constellation tonight.

I'd been out for a run and decided on my cool down walk, to walk the beach, take my shoes off and dip my feet in the ocean. As I was standing there with my feet immersed and the waves splashing my legs, I looked out across the water and there low on the horizon was Orion.

It was then that I suddenly realised it had been far too many nights since I had done some star gazing. It was also then that I realised how nice it was to have something familiar from home to look at....and how soon I'd be back again. (Yes, the first Christmas visit since I've moved and also the Christmas visit planned and paid for prior to the August visit which was a visit partly out of opportunity but mostly due to necessity - homesickness can do that to you....)

Since I returned in early September, I haven't really been looking forward to going home again because the trek is just so long. But I have to admit, tonight I miss home. And I'm looking forward to searching out Orion in the dark winter sky...

2 Comments:

  • Hey Laura, a foot bath on the best beach in the world sounds lovely :) You offered to post a photo for me if there was a view i missed. Well... a view from the Bower Restaurant out over Fairy Bower in the late afternoon woould be so wonderful. This view deserves to be shared with the world!!! This was one of my favourite long lunch spots when i used to live on Bower St. Great memories... Thanks! xx

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:34 AM  

  • Melanie - I will definitely post the picture you asked for - it just may take me a while.... I need to borrow a digital camera to do it - or wait until I get a new one.

    Be patient with me! I promise not to forget!

    By Blogger lala, at 10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home