Canadian Down Under

Thursday, October 01, 2009

Cold Shouldered!!!

Okay, I'm on a bit of a roll....
(maybe because of that single beer thing... (scroll down - so not up to linking....))

There's this woman that I've known for quite a few years from work. She's one of those people that's hard to get to know, but over time, I thought we'd become friends. Met her for drinks occasionally, she'd been part of birthday dinners - so wasn't probably so far out of line,

However...

In recent months, we'd worked closer together than previously - and when she moved on, I thought perhaps our working together had damaged our friendship (if I haven't mentioned what a stress case I've been at work in recent months - its important to note now...and really if she was upset with me I truly wouldn't blame her)

However...

Since she's been gone, we've gone for drinks - so I kinda figured I was being a little paranoid and that really everything was okay.

Until a work function earlier this week.

Cold shouldered.

Really cold shouldered.

I wish I could take back the words "hey, want to catch up for a drink?" Pretty sure based on the non-verbal feedback I got that she'd rather stay at home and stab herself with forks...

Weird really - because I know sometimes I can be a force to be reckoned with - but I had given her a few opportunities to tell me if she was unhappy with me. I would have taken it on the chin - because although there's always two sides to any story, I'm pretty sure a lot of fault could be laid at my feet.

It's a shame really - but for once in my life - I'm just going to let it go. I can't be anything other than myself - and apparently that is unpalatable to her. Just sorry to find out in the way I did.

Oh well, no permanent frostbite this time at least...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home