Canadian Down Under

Saturday, September 12, 2009

I can't do funerals

I'm not saying I won't do them, I'm saying I can't do them. They make me cry - like really cry. (I'm such a baby.) To be clear - when I say funerals - I do mean like real ones that you attend (more on that later) but also ones on tv.

Seriously.

I'm sitting here watching Anne of Green Gables (like the loser I am on a Saturday night...) and Matthew's just died. I've seen this show at least 5 times - if not more (like the good Canadian I am) and yet I still cry.

And this is only tv!!!

You should see me at a real funeral. Its unbearable. I can't control it - the tears just stream down. Its like someone turns a faucet on and it just goes. A few years back, my family attended our ministers funeral - and maybe its because he presided over my father's - but tears ran down my face from beginning to end. To the point my brother looked at me and said "really??? what's with you?" in an incredulous whisper.

It almost made me laugh - because I so agreed with him.

The good thing is that tv funerals only last a few minutes.
Matthew's is over now - so I'm good now.

I'm sure there's something wrong with me - but at least now I can return to watch the rest of the show...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home