Canadian Down Under

Sunday, November 08, 2009

Sunday Night Anxiety

Apparently they've done studies that show that there really is a phenomenon that on Sunday nights - before the start of the work week - many people suffer from stress/anxiety relating to work.

Now I've never thought that I was one of those people - well, except for that one job when I was about 22, I remember Sunday nights were awful - but that probably wasn't specific to the job - just more of a result of becoming a full-time worker and understanding that for the rest of my life, the majority of Sunday nights would be the 'night before work'.

I think I've gone on a little tangent... but really, even thought I haven't loved my job in the last two years (which I've tried not to comment on here...) I never really felt bad on Sunday nights.

Or so I thought.

But maybe I wasn't so right - because now that I don't have to go to work tomorrow (I did mention that I quit right??) I find myself keying up a little and I actually have to say to myself - "remember, no work tomorrow - you don't have to go back" .

That little comment (sometimes even said aloud) stops the anxiety cold. Anxiety I had become completely immune to!

So - tomorrow is the first day of my official unemployment. I think it may take a little while for the reality of that to actually sink in, but I'm going to try to enjoy as best I can...

Many plans over the coming months - which hopefully will result in much more writing yet again. See - no more job means more room for the good stuff like music and writing. But more importantly it means an end to the bad stuff - the negativity that slowly eats away at your soul.

The next few months are all about rejuvenation. I'm looking forward to it - excited even: a return to who and what I really am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home