Canadian Down Under

Saturday, April 16, 2005

Movies

I watched the Incredibles tonight - what a fun movie! Great movie for a rainy evening. It's exactly what a comic book superhero movie should be and doesn't get muddled by being a flick played with real actors. Thankfully, animation doesn't come with off-screen personas and good/bad press outhyping the actual movie.

I rented two movies but got sucked in mid-movie by LA Confidential which was on television. It seemed like a good movie, but I think I really needed to pay more attention. Maybe it's because I started watching mid-movie or maybe I was just filling time because the only other thing I had to watch was the movie "Shall We Dance?" Actually probably a little bit of both....

Well, anyway - from what I saw it seemed like an intelligent movie. One of those rare ones that actually have a storyline... A good movie despite the presence of Val Kilmer - although he was very sexy - kind of reminiscent of his Top Gun days. I guess I'm going to have to rent it to find out exactly what happened and why - although having already seen the final shoot out I'm not sure there's much point.

Earlier I took a swipe at "Shall We Dance, but now having watched it for the last hour or so, its not so bad. I mean, I'm not surprised that it didn't win any Oscar's but it's nowhere near as bad as Jersey Girl... Though I would never have cast Richard Gere in the lead - but maybe that's because everytime I see his face I think of gerbils... That image doesn't quite fit with ballroom dancing.

Oops - spoke too soon. Just got to the climatic scene and its offending me in so many ways.... I could list, but I want to erase these last few scenes from my memory...

Follow first instincts. Don't rent movies with Richard Gere and/or Jennifer Lopez...

1 Comments:

  • I just saw The Incredibles last night as well. I absolutely loved it and it is now, without a doubt, my favourite animated movie.

    I will definitely bypass Shall We Dance.

    By Blogger Expat, at 12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home