Canadian Down Under

Monday, October 17, 2005

Little Miss Cranky Pants

That's me: little Miss Cranky Pants.

Don't know why, but just feel like I should be wearing one of those little stickers that says "Hello, my name is......"

Now I have the hiccups. I think the world is conspiring against me. Can you say drama queen, anyone?

So today started off with my morning exercise plans being cancelled because it was raining. Which should have been all good because it meant an extra hour sleep, but that extra hour sleep just made me cranky instead. See, I've been fighting off migraines all weekend - probably for a number of reasons, but the one uncontrollable reason is the weather. It's very changeable - so that little nap this a.m. set me off my game.....

Did nothing at work, then left early to go for 'High Tea' at Admiralty House (invited because of my involvement in the YWCA - it's their 125 year anniversary)

Anyway, thought it'd be cool, but as I was walking up to the guard house (seriously had to be okayed by the guards before being let on the grounds....) I noticed all the other attendees - and I mean ALL - had white hair. WHITE hair...and not by choice.

Egad!

Well, got to meet the Governor of Victoria and was enlisted to take pictures of him with some of the older women. Why? How can you resist conversations like this one I overheard: "Let's ask one of these young ones, they'll take a picture if we ask. How about her?" That 'her' was me.


Cute, but no wonder I'm cranky.

I know it's early but I think I should just go back to bed and wait for tomorrow to start again.... Well, unless I can figure out how to post my pictures..... Bed after that. Sure my frustration on that one will help to improve my overall disposition......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home