Canadian Down Under

Monday, October 10, 2005

Tennis Anyone?

I once said yes 20 years ago. My best friend and I agreed to have two guys from high school teach us. It was a disaster and ended with one of the guys making me promise never to play again.

Seems a strong baseball swing does not a good tennis player make!

I've never played since, (or even attempted to) until tonight. My boss needed a fill-in and I agreed - with the forewarning that I'd never played before.

I expected disaster, but what I got was quite a fun evening. Although I still try to smash the ball into tomorrow occasionally, with some positive coaching on the court, I started to pick up the finer points as we played on.

I think I missed my calling in life - I shoulda been a tennis star!!!!

Tennis anyone?

1 Comments:

  • Sounds like you had a great time and picked up a new skill. I would love to find that I was decent at a sport - any sport! LOL

    I am such a klutz. :(

    By Blogger Expat, at 8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home