Canadian Down Under

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

I'm a bad, bad girl

I really tried to be good.

Really.

I tried to stop myself.

Well, okay, I thought about trying to stop myself, but no, it didn't really seem to work.

See, I went to Pilates tonight - all good!! Doing a little exercise, trying to get back into the fitness thing now that I've basically recovered from the lurgy..... But as I was going out the door, I realised I really have no food in the house - I knew I'd be too lazy to cook after Pilates - and I have limited amount of cash because of my severe self-imposed budget (I don't get 'paid' til Thursday according to my ridiculous schedule I've built for myself). So.... I relented - I decided with the remaining $5 I have left til Thursday, I would buy some fast food on the way home.

But I was good - I mentally said 'no' to McDonalds. That left me with Subway (which I said 'no' to as well because, well...because it wasn't appealing to me tonight) or Jester's. At Jester's you can get a real traditional Aussie pie (I'm sure some Aussie's think they're horrible, but to a Australian foreigner (like my new name for myself??) like me - they work...)

On leaving the Pilates studio, I ducked across the street to Jesters, mulling over which pie I should have: steak and mushroom? chicken and asparagus? or some other fabulous combo they might have on offer.

But then I got there and you know what they had?? I was reading the menu board but my eyes kept dropping to the glass counter top where the cookies were. And you know what? Their chocolate chip cookies almost gleamed!! And you know what else? They were only $2.50. I looked for a pie that was only $2.50 so I could have a pie and a cookie - but alas, they were all more expensive than that.

And you know what else? They also had these chocolate peanut cluster things and they were also only $2.50.

Kind of decision made doncha think?

Yum. I started with the chocolate peanut cluster but couldn't eat it all because it was so sweet and I've only gotten halfway through the yummy chocolate chip cookie. I've put both in the fridge so I don't completely do a sugar overload.

See? It really takes so little to make me happy!!

2 Comments:

  • mmmmm.....jesters steak potato and cheese..... i get hungry just thinking about those. Homesick again ***sigh...***

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:03 PM  

  • What's that about the pavement on the road to hell? Stick it out with the pilates. =)

    By Blogger venitha, at 11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home