Canadian Down Under

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Weapon of Small Destruction: The Stroller

Okay, today's post is not going to win me any new friends with those with children. These people already think single people are intolerant and lacking compassion to their circumstances - and I gotta say? - this post is not going to improve that perception....

So, it's a beautiful Saturday afternoon. 27 degrees Celcius and only two days into spring. (Are my Canadian friends jealous yet???) Had brunch with a friend at a restaurant overlooking the ocean - even ended up rolling up my jeans and strolling in the surf. Had a mid-afternoon nap then was meandering through the corso doing some errands when I was attacked!

Attacked I say!

Attacked by this man pushing a weapon on wheels. And you know what? He let his little toddler RIDE in the weapon. Now what kind of parent does that?

Sure he said 'sorry'. But then he happily walked on with his wife and toddler while I limped home.

'Stroller'? Not really. They should have named is something a little more threatening like 'Achilles Attacker' so normal non-child bearing citizens are forewarned!

2 Comments:

  • I don't think parents have any reasonable expectation of freedom from ridicule when they do shit like that.

    Hope the stinging feeling subsides soon.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:01 AM  

  • I know what you mean. So many parents use a stroller to push you out of the way when you have every right to be standing there.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home