Canadian Down Under

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Why I'm not blogging

Well, currently I have the attention span of a gnat - so that's not helping - but there's a bigger reason. See the thing is I'm a little down at the moment. Now normally I'd just blog about it-but I'm almost afraid to. Afraid that the wrong people will see, or the right people will see it, or that my friends who do read it will think that I'm worse off than I am. See, my poetic license sometimes gets me in trouble.

So what's bugging me? Well, a bunch of things. See, I think breaking my arm has made me feel old. And breaking my arm and having no one to call really made it worse. (I think that probably falls under the heading of 'tribulations' of being an expat) And lately work hasn't been so good - (to anyone from work reading this, it's not what you think) and there's the whole guy thing. If he ever read this he'd probably wonder what the hell I was going on about - but for me, its really hurt. And it was made worse by a text message today finally confirming that I'm unlikeable (yes, the self-pity has started).

So that's what's going on. Is there anything to be done? No. I think only time will fix this one (or a guarantee that I won't be alone for the rest of my life - something that can't be guaranteed...) So I'm going to ground.

Not to worry - I've have lots of things on: things to do, people to see etc. - I just need to stop the introspection for a while.

Watch - I'll have posted this big long explanation and I'll be fine tomorrow.....

1 Comments:

  • Okay that's it.

    I'm booking my flight now.

    "unlikeable?" Nobody talks to my friends like that.

    When I'm done with them they'll be going on walkabout.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home