Canadian Down Under

Thursday, January 04, 2007

The Mother of All Visits - Day One

She has arrived!!!!!

It was a 5 am start for me - to pick the old doll up at the airport by 6:30. Never fear - I arrived with a few minutes to spare, so we started out well.....

But by lunch she had renamed my cat and commented on how my hair was too dark.

Yup, by lunch...

By mid-afternoon I needed a nap - even though it should have been the old doll who needed a nap, but no, it was me....Followed by a nice dinner in Balmain, where I managed to throw out my back.

Off to a rip-roaring start!!!!

Editor's Note: I love a little creative license and I was telling my Mom how I'd use the renaming of the cat and disapproval of the hair colour as the basis for a really good story.

She's horrified.

So basically, a win-win for me!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home