Canadian Down Under

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Too Dark?

So as a result of the 'incident' (and not advancing years - let me be clear on that...) I ended up with a gray patch that hangs straight down over my eyes.

It can't be ignored.

Trust me, I've tried.

So, I've had to start dyeing my hair. (I've always prided myself on not dyeing my hair. Serves me right.) I did it a few months ago and I've just discovered it needs maintenance.

Maintenance. Ughhh.

So I was quietly wondering to myself when the next touch up was needed; how long I could go before subjecting myself (or is it surrendering myself?) to the hairdresser. Then I jokingly said aloud to a colleague in a crowded elevator that I thought I could see some gray. Her response? No, not the normal platitude you'd expect from a friend. Nope. Too much to hope for. What I got was, "Oh, I'm so glad you noticed, I wasn't sure how to break it to you."

Well, privately would have been a good start.....

So, after receiving that gentle shove, I booked in last Thursday and did the deed. I've done it once before and no one really noticed and I thought I was going the same colour again, but I'm thinking maybe no...

See - Friday, a member of my team didn't recognise me at first. Then Monday, I went out to lunch with some former colleagues - all male - and each one, each one commented. Something along the lines of "Wow, you dyed your hair. It's dark." Now, I know that doesn't sound very complimentary - but they were all men. Need I say more?

The point to note is that they ALL noticed.

And I'm talking men here!!!!!!

So, I was thinking: too dark. But then today, one of the guys I work with said to me "I like your hair. That colour suits you. You should always have it that colour."

Three full sentences. Three full compliment sentences.

I'm thinking its not too dark...

1 Comments:

  • I've been dyeing my hair since I was in high school. At first, it was just for kicks. Later, it was to hid teh few grey strands.

    As long as you're not super-duper-duper pale and you didn't dye your hair super-duper-duper dark or jet black, I'm sure it looks fine.

    By Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com, at 12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home