Canadian Down Under

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

A moment of clarity...

So, let's see, what's been going on lately.....

Well, $1,500 later, I now have a puddy tat that has a shaved belly, shaved neck and shaved forearms - and one that is none too pleased about it...

So after xrays, ultrasounds, biopsies and IVs, we now have new food and a reduction in the number of toys she can play with (removal of any potential nasty foreign objects that could get stuck in her stomach or digestive system). The good news is I do think she's on the road to recovery. Not only is she eating, but the little monster has started to 'love' bite me again. (Doesn't really feel like love to me (based on my track record, I'm not sure I'd know what that is...) but I'm assured it is.)

What was wrong? Well, we're still not quite sure (still waiting on a biopsy to rule out the 'bad stuff') but I think in a moment of clarity this morning, I figured it all out...

So breakfast is over and I'm walking past the kitchen counter and the little thing is looking at me. Late for work, I don't really slow down so what does she do? She starts eating Kleenex.

Huge mouthfuls of the stuff.

So I tuck the kleenex in behind the plastic and even turn it over so she can't dig it out (she's very smart that way....)

Then what do I find?

I find her in the bathroom eating the toilet paper.

I don't know what her problem is, but I'm pretty sure she didn't read the memo on the perils of paper products for cats....

2 Comments:

  • Aw come on. Don't hold the love bites against her. She means well.

    What has been ailing her? Poor thing.

    xoxo

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:26 PM  

  • Aww. Hope she mends quickly.

    Jen (owner of the $14 million beagle)

    By Blogger Gwyn, at 11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home