Canadian Down Under

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Aiming for Bliss

A friend of mine writes a blog called "Bliss Notes" (I could attach a link but its been so long since I've done that I've forgotten how - and at the moment I'm way to lazy to figure it out...)

Anyway - in each of her news letters she asks people what gives them bliss. It got me to thinking. Yet no matter how much thinking I put into it, I couldn't think of what gives me bliss. I tried to think back in time, but still couldn't come up with anything.

I figured that probably wasn't a good thing.

From the time my friend started her newsletters I've been hoping that I'd come across something blissful to tell her about. Since that hasn't really transpired, I decided I'd at least start 'the journey' (I so hate the nouveau term, but it kind of works at the moment...) on the road to bliss and hopefully would stumble across something.

So not quite there yet, but I have made some progress. What's happened is that although I've always known that I'm not perfect - I've stopped trying to be. I've also stopped trying to pretend I'm tough and unhurtable - to the dismay of some around me. I've become more honest about how I feel and you know what? Instead of people deciding I'm too much work (well, except for one) people have been fabulous.

I've magically discovered new friends - apparently I mean a lot more to people than I realise. I've been the recipient of spontaneous hugs and kind words and impromptu phone calls and its meant a lot.

So although I'm not in a state of bliss yet, I've discovered I have an awful lot to be thankful for. I'll keep reminding myself of that and I'm guessing it won't be long before I stumble across something....

1 Comments:

  • I'm glad that you're on the journey. The bliss will follow.

    By Blogger Gwyn, at 2:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home