Canadian Down Under

Saturday, July 19, 2008

A really beautiful day

I've been meaning to write about my hike in the Mountains since last week, but I'm a little behind.. So bear with me, I have a few stories to tell and I just want to tell them in chronological order, even if I'm a few days late...

So last week I took the Wednesday off work. Long story short? My boss and I agreed (really, I basically informed him) that a day off would do me good (and would probably stop me from quitting...)

So although I was completely exhausted (which is why I needed the day off - I just can't cope working weekends anymore - it exhausts me...) I decided I needed to do something useful with my day. Lazing about the house would not really recharge me.. surprisingly exercise was what I was craving.

So I decided I would do something I hadn't done in ages - I'd go hiking in the Blue Mountains. I used to do it at least once a month before I hurt my back and its just one of those places that calms the soul.

Something I really needed.

So I went - and a bonus to the day was a friend took the day off as well and came with me. Which was great - because it meant I didn't have to drive and I had company. Good company in fact.

With a forecast of 6 degrees and snow - it had the potential to be too cold - but it was a beautiful day - and an easy and relaxing day starting with the 2 hour drive up. (So grateful I wasn't driving..)

A nice lunch, a long four hour hike (which was a little too much for this almost - but not quite yet completely healed - body ... the back spasms on the way back up from the valley floor I could have lived without...) yummy caramel mud cake with my tea and a nice dinner out once back in Manly.

I was tired through and through - but it felt so very good.

The best part? The tiny snowflakes that landed on us just as we were finishing our hike.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home