Canadian Down Under

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Chicken "bok bok"

A few weeks ago, I took this weekend course. I got there on the Saturday morning a little late and not only did I not know a soul -I realised that the class was dominated by what seemd to be a pretty tight clique. It didn't really matter, but it did mean that I didn't go to the pub after the class. However, by Sunday a few people had talked to me and so I scrapped up the courage and went along to the pub.

I have to tell you - music attracts a really weird group of people.... But there were some gems. One of the guys was really funny and had me laughing - made it worth the pub mingling. As I left to go home, he asked for my number. Everyone was exchanging details so I thought what the hell..

Anyway - he's been emailing me off and on - (the on and off is actually more reflective of how crap I am at responding). I don't know what it is - he's a nice guy, he's funny, but he's not really my type (for a lot of Seinfeld reasons....) so I've probably been a little less than cooperative about getting together.

Anyway, I was telling one of my friends the other day and she kind of called me on it. Basically asking what the hell was wrong with me - that I'd met someone who's nice and makes me laugh. Wasn't that enough?

So the next time he suggested getting together I agreed.

So yesterday was the day ,ut I hadn't heard from him and by 5pm I was so exhausted from work I was thinking I could just go home and crawl into bed instead.
The idea took hold and I started to work out the details:
- pick up takeaway on way home from work.
- cocoon in flat (= don't answer phone or door)
I actually thought this sounded like a good idea, but in the end, I didn't need to go through such planning as I didn't hear from him.

Truth be told? I think I was meant to email him earlier this week and confirm or something and I managed not to..

Oops.

When did I become such a coward???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home