Canadian Down Under

Monday, December 13, 2004

My Private Addiction...

Okay, I'm probably going to get some flak for this, but I was out running some errands yesterday afternoon and I succumbed.. If Theresa's reading this, I bet she already knows where I'm going.

My private addition. Any guesses? If you're thinking alcohol or cigarettes, you'd be wrong. Chocolate? Well, that's a well publicized addiction, so that's not it. And before you start thinking up a whole long list of mood-altering chemicals - just know that you couldn't find a bigger anti-drug person if you tried... So what am I going on about? What am I marginally embarrassed to admit to?

The future. Or more specifically, those who claim they can see the future....or in yesterday's case - those who can read it in your palm.

Sad. Pitiful really. But those adjectives don't stop me...

So the outcome? Well, apparently I'm a wonderful, unique person who is very smart and has a wonderful life ahead of me. Oh yeah, and the guy? Well, apparently he doesn't like to be pushed - and I was a little too pushy. He'll contact me within 6 hours (that's passed) 6 days, 6 weeks, or 6 months. (or 6 years, or 6 decades) Something with the number 6. That'll we'll be friends. Good friends. How good? Well, she didn't know that. Apparently telling the future isn't an exact science...

So, what does all that mean? What's the end result? Well, truthfully, I feel better. Why? Well not because I truly believe what I was told, but because it made me feel better. Why? Because not only was someone telling me how wonderful I am - which I really can't disagree with and never get tired of hearing - but someone was reassuring me that things would be okay.

It's funny - I just realised that no one else told me that. No else told me that everything would be okay. Why not? Probably because they didn't know if it would be- or more importantly, that I wouldn't believe them if they did.

So will they really be better? I believe so - and not just because the palm reader told me so - but because things always get better (and worse) in time. I just needed reminding.

$30 for someone to tell me I'm fabulous? $30 for someone to tell me everything will be okay? $30 to make myself feel better? Hey, why not. I know some people would consider that a waste of money - but hey, I feel better and no one needed drugs in the process...

1 Comments:

  • You have a splended sense of wording. Normally I can't make it through half of these blogs but you had me interested and giggling at the end. Mostly from remembering the time I did that physic thing -six maybe seven years ago. I was suppose to be a charming, well-to-be type person. Truth, I think I got lied to. :)

    TTFN
    zymosius

    By Blogger zymosius, at 12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home