Canadian Down Under

Sunday, June 26, 2005

I've done it

I've finally saved all my CD's to my laptop! I started last weekend - tried to do them all in the one day, but discovered I had far more than I thought....- so have been saving a few each evening when home and spent the current rainy weekend saving the rest.

I was inspired to do this after my friend from TO came out for a visit and showed me how her mp3 player works. Seems like the perfect thing for my commuting listening needs - but even more importantly - how cool would it be to have a small little thing like an mp3 player on the long flight home this August? No need for those bulky CD cases in my carry-on luggage (and for me they are bulky because I can never decide ahead of time what CD's I might like to listen to... or how many I might like to listen to - and then there's always the problem that I'll have a favourite song on one CD - but not like the rest of the songs on the CD so I'll waste a whole CD slot for just one song.... )

Yes, I'm neurotic, but music is the one thing I can't travel without. In every other aspect I can travel light - I don't usually pack too many clothes, I only have the most basic of toiletries (soap, shampoo, conditioner and toothbrush and toothpaste - I only ever wear eyeliner, mascara and the occasional lipstick (3 pieces of cosmetics at most!!) and that's only when in full makeup mode...) and a pair of sandals and a pair of running shoes usually does me. But music? Well - it's generally the 'as much as I can carry' rule.

mp3 player sounds perfect for me doesn't it? Yup, I agree. Only one problem... it's technology. And new (at least for me!) technology at that. I had enough problems with buying a computer - and I had actually used one of those before!!

So anyway, I've been on line and kind of found out some information. I even went to an electronics store to check out they're offerings, but I left without making any headway into a making a purchase.

There's too many options. I saw one for $70, a mini iPod for $300 and a Creative zen (I think that was the name...) for $400. I like the Creative one best - just for looks - but I don't think that's the right kind of reasoning when purchasing technology (mind you - it seems to have worked on my laptop...)

What's a good price? What should I be buying?

Why does this seem so hard?

Am I the only techno-phobe out there?? (maybe cyber-space isn't the right place to be asking that question..)

Sigh. I suppose I'll just have to go put myself into the hands of some techie salesperson and hope for the best.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home