Canadian Down Under

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Nights Like These

I start every day off with the best of intentions: I'm going to head to work early, spend no time on the internet, work hard, get all those annoying little 'to-do' items done, eat healthy, exercise, practice guitar and write just a little bit every evening.

Man, I'm just tired writing about the things I plan to do each day... never mind actually doing them!!

So today started just the same. I made it to work in decent time (not early) but the effort of getting there required me to surf the internet for a good half hour or so. I actually did a fair amount of work - but having not had enough to eat at breakfast, lunch didn't really hit the spot, so soft toffee was a basic requirement today. From there it was all down hill. A work function in the evening meant no dinner, no exercise and now, no guitar.

Why?

Cause it's late and I've probably had too much to drink to really gain any benefit from practicing.

In my defense - I managed to drink less than everyone else and not embarrass myself (though my pool playing was atrocious) and I went home in decent time. Just enough time to do a little blogging.

Felt so guilty about missing out on everything else, that I've forced myself to write. Mind you, mildly inebriated is probably not the best mind frame for writing...

So now you know why sometimes I don' t write. I do set myself a daily goal for writing, but sometimes living life just gets in the way. That's okay though - better than when I had all the time in the world to write and nothing to write about because I was doing absolutely nothing and lacked any and all inspiration.

Suppose I should apologise for the drivel. But hey - in blogging you get the good and the bad. Today it's not either - just a little mediocrity to balance it all out.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll actually have something interesting to say.... but I'm making no promises.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home