Canadian Down Under

Thursday, June 16, 2005

I think I've finally found it!

I don't want to jinx myself or anything, but I'm pretty excited about it so I just have to share...

(Please, please, please - let there be no one from my work who reads this blog...)

I went on two job interviews today. The first one was an internal job - which seemed to go pretty well. Five other people were being interviewed as well, so its a long shot of sorts. Aside from that - it would be an okay job, the manager seems like a nice guy but it might not be overwhelmingly stimulating.

The second one - totally different story. Never been to an interview before where basically we talked very little of the job and almost nothing of my resume. Instead, for over an hour, we talked about workstyles, basic values and what was important to us in life. Strange topics really for an interview, but as a result, I so very much liked my interviewer - in the sense that I think I would really, really like working for her. She was bright and articulate, yet seemed to have a balanced perspective of the work/life balance - but actually meant it as opposed to giving it lip service.

For the first time ever I came out of an interview really wanting the job. I mean, I thought jobs were okay before - but this one I want. It seems like the right environment for me - but even better - it seems like the right job for me. I feel the same way about this job that I felt about moving to Australia. I can't explain it - but its definitely right.

Either tomorrow or Monday I'll find out if I made it to the next round.

Wish me luck!!

1 Comments:

  • Don't you just love interviews like that? I had one like that, though I didn't get the job, but hey, good luck!

    By Blogger Mitch, at 2:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home