Canadian Down Under

Sunday, June 05, 2005

Wow - your voice is so sexy

Actually, it's called laryngitis, For the last five days, I've basically had no voice. Any time I've tried to talk, people (male and female) have said my voice is drop dead sexy. I gotta tell you, after five days - sexy is not the adjective I'd use, annoying seems more appropriate.....

I couldn't have picked a better time to lose my voice - I mean it's not like I had a friend visiting from Canada or anything, or stuff going on at work, or a few social engagements going on....

I was told that the best thing for laryngitis is to rest your voice. Meaning - not speak. Obviously giving me laryngitis is God's way of playing a joke... Too much other serious shit going on in the world so he needed a little laughter somewhere. Not only are you supposed to rest your voice, but you're supposed to rest in general. Did I mention I had friend visiting from Canada? Instead of more rest than usual, I actually ended up with less rest than usual - more like no rest if I was honest.

Since Thursday, my schedule's gone like this:
Thursday
- Pick my friend up at the airport.
- Show her around my neighbourhood.
- Go out to dinner with American boys from Airlie beach (more on that later)
- Do a pub tour of Manly
- Go to bed about 6 am (seems the American liked the voice well enough to keep me up all night talking...)
Friday
- Call in sick to work (I'm sure calling in sick for two days after my boss gets fired is a good thing...)
- Send my friend to Sydney
- Get a few hours sleep
- Meet my friend in Sydney and go to the Opera House
- Go out for dinner
- Go out for more drinks
Saturday
- Get up early and go for breakfast
- Go to the markets
- Drive to the mountains and go hiking
- Drive back and go out for dinner
- Do a second tour of the pubs in Manly
- Get in at 4 am
Sunday
- Get up at 6 am to take friend to the airport
- 8 am get back and collapse

Status of voice since Thursday:
Thursday - start to lose voice
Friday - no voice
Saturday morning - little bit of voice
Saturday evening - no voice
Sunday morning - no voice

Now? It's starting to come back - but that's because I've been hibernating and basically haven't spoken all day.

I think I'm too old for this shit.... Mind you - it was great to have someone from home come visit... And even though my voice has been destroyed and work is in the crapper, it was so worth it.

Sorry - I'm kind of rambling today - seems that even though I've been sleeping all day, it hasn't quite restored me back to full mental function... but felt a need to reach to the outside world. Blogging a good choice if you're not supposed to talk...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home