Canadian Down Under

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

"Welcome home"

I've decided: Canadian custom officials in Vancouver are the nicest customs officials in the world! Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a little (but not really...) but how nice was it to hear that from my custom official when I arrived? Very nice indeed!!

A good start to my stopover in Vancouver - a perfect foreshadowing of the next few days. Great weather, great friends, great relatives and great food! And to sandwich it all in a nice little package - while waiting in Vancouver airport for my flight to Toronto, I not only accidentally ran into an old friend that I had lost touch with and hadn't seen in years, but I also got upgraded to Executive Class! Talk about a score! Man, do they look after you in Executive Class!! (Going to make the economy flight home a little humbling....)

So as in a slight update, somewhere on the 17 hour flight to Vancouver, the craziness that had me in it's strong grip last week lost its control and life is just fine again. My 20 year friendship is fine (thank God she has a soft spot for crazy people and a willingness to stick her neck out and call me when she read my blog...).The last few days have been a whirlwind of catching up and will continue to be until Saturday when cottage country calls.

Me, a canoe and the loons (just to be clear - I'm referring to the actual birds/ducks - not my family...) have a date Sunday morning.

That followed by an across the lake swim - can't wait!!

Can't wait.

2 Comments:

  • Hopefully, all Vancouverites are as friendly as customs. I do agree with you, they are a friendly bunch, I got the same "welcome home" upon my return from Oz. But, from one Canadian to another... "Welcome Home"

    By Blogger Mitch, at 5:58 AM  

  • Enjoy your time at home! I hope that you get a chance to get caught up with friends and family!

    Have a safe trip! :)

    By Blogger Expat, at 7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home