Canadian Down Under

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Australian Idol

I confess - I watch Australian Idol. Sadly, it's not American Idol (a show I'm obsessed by) but it'll do for now...

It's down to the final 5 tonight and I missed most of the performances because of the time change (somehow I went a whole day without realising the clocks had moved ahead....) but caught the last one. The last one was by Dan and he's one of my favourites- well, he used to be, until tonight.

Although one of the judges gave him a 'touchdown' (some weird thing that happens in Australian Idol...) it just didn't rock my world.... See, he sang an Eagles song - my favourite band of all time (which I think I've talked about before) so he was going to have to pretty amazing and.... to top it off - he sang my favourite song of all time: Desperado.

Now to do well on that one - he either had to be Don Henley reincarnated or to sing with a female voice so that the interpretation was fundamentally different - well, okay, he was going to have to be Don Henley reincarnated...

He wasn't.

I think I'm going to have to pull out my Eagles CDs and listen and re-listen until Dan's version is erased from my memory.....

Why oh why do they let babies sing classics?????

2 Comments:

  • I didn't get subjected to any of the Australian Idol while down there. I got sucked into Big Brother though.

    I do happen to like Shannon Noll however, from the first season - how weird is that!

    By Blogger Mitch, at 9:27 AM  

  • Embarrassingly, I watch this too but at least I didn't like Noll or Callea.

    Dan is my favourite but his voice only. He looks unclean and is a little dull.

    The touchdown thing wasn't deserved but I guess when compared to that fucker Lee, it didn't seem so bad.

    There is a very low calabre of contestants this year but still, I can't look away.

    By Blogger InsubordinationFreak, at 5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home