Canadian Down Under

Monday, September 26, 2005

I need a boyfriend

I know I've said this before, but I really mean it this time.

What's driving this? Well, not what you might think - it's my fear of creepy crawlies. I think my Beetle sighting and more recently my Huntsmans encounter the other day has made me a little jumpy. (I now turn on the bathroom light when going to the bathroom in the middle of the night, despite the light removing the last vestiges of sleep and any hope of going right back into dreamworld.....)

Well, now I have a situation I can't deal with. And fortunately (or unfortunately depending on how you look at it) I can delay dealing....but I'm not sure that's a good thing either. Let me explain.

I noticed my kitchen light is looking a little dimmer than it used to be. I ignored that for a while, but today it piqued my curiosity so I looked up a the light covering to see why (like that would magically fix it...) and smack dab in the middle of the light covering was a black shadow in the shape of beetle (I just can't even contemplate that it might be a cockroach....). I mean it's dead and not going anywhere, but it's in my house.

This is not going to do anything for my peace of mind.

If you read my earlier story about my last beetle visit, you've probably realised there's no way I can cope with having to empty a beetle out of a light fixture.

No way.

I'm sure a boyfriend would fix it for me.

How pathetic is it that I think getting a boyfriend (been single for eons....) will be so much easier than getting rid of a dead bug by myself?

Some days I'm such a girl.

1 Comments:

  • We are finding all sorts of creepy crawlies lately. We have enormous spiders in our basement right now and every time I go down there I have to call my husband to go on a mass killing spree. I could not kill them myself. Spiders terrify me.

    My husband always asks me what I would do if he was not here. I, of course, answer that I would have to get myself a boyfriend just for spider killing duty. ;) LOL

    I hope that you can deal with your light fixture soon.

    By Blogger Expat, at 3:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home