Canadian Down Under

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

"Young play thing"

Who'da thought that in my mid-thirties I'd get tagged with that name? Not me, but one of my friends used that to describe me in relation to a current man of interest in my life.

(Vague enough for you?)

It bugged me, but I tried to let it go. But the comment nestled itself in my brain and every once in a while something made some of my brain cells shift, making that nasty little thorn prick again. Now, instead of quietly living in my brain without bothering me, it became a constant irritant.

An itch that needed to be scratched.

So I emailed. I emailed with complete forthrightness and honesty and asked the question: what's going on?

I figure there are three possible responses:
1. I've scared him into running for the hills.
2. I've shamed him into coming clean and admitting he really does think of me as his 'young play thing', or
3. I've opened the door for him to confess his undying love.

Considering I could hardly keep the derisive smirk off my face while writing option 3 and I've never known a man to come clean at all as in option 2, my money is on option 1.

Any takers?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home