Canadian Down Under

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Disinvited

Me. From my brother's house. Christmas Eve.

This is one of those many stories from Christmas that I've debating as to whether I should blog about. Until today, the little good angel on my shoulder saying," it's about family" "be nice" etc. had been winning. Today I muzzled her.

You knew there had to at least ONE snag this year.

Mom and I had plans to go to my best friend's for Christmas Eve (which we did and had a really nice time). But Mom wanted to drop off some gifts to my brother before Christmas so she co-ordinated with my brother and set it all up for us to drop by on Christmas Eve. Just a fly-by quick drop in on our way elsewhere - but also an extra chance to see my niece and nephew.

(Long story short? My sister-in-law is not my biggest fan so everything becomes a production...)

What I didn't know was Mom had originally made plans to go up the day before Christmas Eve but by the time she informed me, I had already made other arrangements so we had to re-schedule. (See the trouble you get me in tomama ?)

And that's where the problem arose.

So Christmas Eve morning my brother shows up at Mom's to pick up the gifts. I'm still in bed but from my room I ask him what he was doing at Mom's when we were going by his place later.

Silence.

"Uh well, crazy bitch (my pseudonym...) has other plans."

Other plans?
On Christmas Eve?
That changes confirmed plans with family?

Oh right. Not a problem. I'll just drop by some other time when its more convenient FOR YOU. I mean Australia's only a days air travel away and not expensive at all. And hey, Christmas isn't really a time you're supposed to spend with family anyway....

FYI - her plans? Nada. She was just mad that the re-scheduling from Friday to Saturday wasn't at her initiative.

Seriously.

Told you my family was fucked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home