Canadian Down Under

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Hello Goodbye

There's a new television program here called Hello Goodbye. It's filmed at Sydney International Airport and basically films people saying hello and goodbye. Sounds kind of simple, kind of dumb really, but man, it's a tear jerker! And there aren't even particularly good stories!

I think many of you expats out there can relate. Airports are places that hold incredible amounts of emotion. I see the elation on these people's faces when they greet family and friends and I can so relate. And the tears of parting are nearly killing me!! I'm usually not that emotional when I board planes to leave home, but there was one goodbye that nearly broke my heart and as I sit here and watch the program and the people hugging and crying it so reminds me of that day and its like I 've just slipped right back into that moment and my chest starts to constrict....

I think I need to stop watching....

2 Comments:

  • It's kind of like the opening and closing scenes in that movie Love Actually.

    I watched the DVD credits and those are real, actual, live shots. It's beautiful.

    I *LOVE* that movie!! :)

    By Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com, at 12:44 AM  

  • I was about to say that about Love Actually too-

    Yeah, I've had a few tearful airport scenes.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home