Canadian Down Under

Saturday, June 03, 2006

I don't have the answer

Or any answers. Which is a problem considering I have so many questions.

For example - you know the old saying 'there's a lid for every pot'. Is that really true? Or is that just a romantic notion? Speaking of romance - is there any left in this world?

I have a friend that believes that when you meet the right guy, you'll just 'know'. That it will all be easy, fall into place and your life will change in an instant. That if some guy likes you, he will move heaven and earth to be with you. But I have to say - I think that's unrealistic and a load of crap Hollywood's built up and sold to the general masses.

I just don't think that you can turn an attraction between two people into a relationship that quickly. Or am I wrong? And if I'm not wrong and it does take time - how long does it take? At what point do you stop hoping and just give up and write it all off?

I'm serious. In my head I can understand that it doesn't happen overnight, but my heart still wants to believe in the fairy tale. I'm trying to be patient and let things evolve naturally if they're going to - but at what point do you or should you give up?

I'm just very confused, because on one hand, he still keeps in contact, but it seems to be remote contact at the moment. Some friends say its because I've been a little erratic of late and have sent mixed messages and that I just need to relax and be myself, but I'm not sure that that works for me. I'm not a patient person (with the exception of relating to children) I'm just not patient. What should I do?

How do I just give up on something before giving it half a chance? or have I already?

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home