Canadian Down Under

Monday, November 20, 2006

The Little Monster

She has arrived!!

She arrived Saturday accompanied by antibiotics and anti-fungal cream and landed in the midst of the mess that is my ex-flatmate visiting. (Any wonder I haven't been posting???)

And 3 days in, she seems to be settling in quite well, despite my old flatmate's comments that she looks 'skanky' and her derisive comments on how much I paid for her (she inherits kittens free from the farm....)

Actually as I'm typing this she is playing with my toes - with her very sharp kitten claws.... Ouch!! I think she only does stuff like that to hear me scream!

So what can I tell you? In three days I have managed to train her to sleep curled up in my arms and no longer try to sleep ON my face. Mind you, I've been working on the computer and she's been sitting on the back of my neck, ON my ponytail, purring.....

My greatest dilemma is a name. I've always wanted to call a cat 'Monster' but she's so little and sweet that I think that's mean...Originally when I saw her at the breeders, she looked like a 'Molly', but that's not really sitting anymore. For the last three days I've been calling her 'Baby' by default, but even I think that's kind of dorky. This morning I started to call her 'Mouse'. I'm thinking I like it, but I've been getting mixed feedback.

I'll have to run it by my Little Sister to see what she thinks...

So Day 3, we're starting to settle in and my panic attack about the commitment I've made has been eased by a conversation with my mother (you know it's bad if I phone my mother about it...) And I'm starting to relax at the prospect that if discovered by my landlord, I could get kicked out.

Other than that - not much else is new here. Just the red strips on my ass where I obviously either missed the application of sunscreen and/or let my bathing suit ride up a little too high.

Ahh, the wonders of living by the beach!

So what's new with you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home