Canadian Down Under

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Hugs

Hugs are good. Everybody needs hugs. Even me - oh non-tactile one.....

Take this week for instance - it hasn't been a spectacular week by any stretch of the imagination. Stuff at work, stuff with the family, stuff with boys and a kitten that doesn't let me sleep (or type either.... apologies in advance for any errors I don't catch from the wandering of little paws on keyboards.... Sounds cute - but after a few minutes - really, it's not)

Anyway, I got to thinking (aka moping) and had myself a mini pity party about all that's missing from my life and/or what's wrong (lack of sleep is probably the biggest issue....) and I came to the conclusion that all I needed was a hug.

Had an email exchange with a friend and and even told him that. He promised to hug me the next time he saw me.

Still haven't seen him yet - but you know what? (There must be some unseen force at work....) Why? Well because, today - out of nowhere - a friend of mine (different from the one in the email exchange) just gave me a hug. A wonderful, long, friendly, warm, unasked for hug.

Know what? I was right. It was exactly what I needed.

So I'm passing it on. Consider yourself hugged.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home