Canadian Down Under

Friday, January 05, 2007

It's just not on

I went to dinner tonight with a 'friend'.

I've decided I don't think he's a very good friend. Maybe it's just that he's a bloke. Maybe it's because I don't really want to be friends, but here are my thoughts:
  • I can't recall if he ever asked me a single question about me.
  • At times I thought perhaps he was bored and restless and just wanted it to be over.
  • He kissed me when he said goodbye. On the lips. Don't guys know chicks think that's different than the cheek brush?
  • I like him, but I don't think I can do this again. On some level its humiliating.

I always kind of thought there were possibilities. Obviously I'm thick.

It's just not on.

5 Comments:

  • He didn't ask you a single question about you? He's clearly not a good guy. :(

    By Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com, at 10:00 AM  

  • Sounds like you're both sending odd signals to each other.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:03 PM  

  • funkybrownchick: Okay - perhaps I've been a little harsh - he may have asked me one or two questions, but he just seems disinterested somehow. Guess I should listen to myself...

    rogue sun: I'm not trying to send odd signals - I'm just trying not to make a fool of myself. Is that so bad?

    By Blogger lala, at 4:25 PM  

  • I'm not saying you're trying to. The problem is that you're opening yourself up and protecting yourself at the same time.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:56 PM  

  • Well, since I've been so spectacularly unsuccesful on the dating front - any tips are appreciated....

    By Blogger lala, at 6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home