Canadian Down Under

Monday, March 12, 2007

Conversations overheard in a Lobby

So, I'm standing in the lobby of the Pacific Manly Hotel

- I just re-read that statement - and oh HOW I wish it was for the reason that comes to my sex-deprived brain....

but I was there waiting to get a pass to the 7th floor gym - which is where my trainer is.

Anyway, I'm standing at the counter and standing at the counter. Waiting, waiting, waiting. (I don't know if you're getting this - but patience is definitely NOT my strong suit.)

There's a group of guys - probably on a convention - waiting to get their keys. The process is slow. SLOW. And their constant meet and greets, 'hello how you doing's to passer-bys (fellow convertioneers undoubtedly) wasn't doing anything to help speed up the process.

Between them and me is this guy; tweed jacket, skinny, early 50s, gray hair - and his lack of patience is making me look like a saint. Big sighs. Tapping fingers. Dramatic big sighs. It was actually getting a little funny...

Finally, the girl behind the counter finished with the group of guys, finished her typing, finished answering the phone and finally turns to the guy and asks if he needs help.

Like she needed to ask....

So he's there because his phone isn't working. Apparently he'd been down 3 hours earlier and not only had they not fixed it yet - there was no note on his file that anyone was being sent up to look at it. He was heading out to dinner, but he 'wanted it fixed by the time he got back'.

As he was heading toward the front door, he says "So when it's all fixed, you'll let me know?"

The girl answers 'Yes.'

He says, "How? Will you call me?"

She says, 'Yes, we'll call."

To which he shouts across the lobby, "How? MY PHONE DOESN'T WORK!!"

I laughed out loud. How much have I always wanted to do something like that.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home