Canadian Down Under

Monday, October 15, 2007

Bathroom Etiquette & Strategies

I recounted this story to a friend today and she warned me that perhaps I should perhaps think about who I tell this to....

so of course I decided to blog about it.

Years ago, I remember receiving an email that contained a game about bathroom etiquette. It was meant for guys - but the same principle does apply to women's bathrooms as well. See, there were four urinals and you had to decide which urinal to use based on where current occupants where standing. It was dumb - but also funny because it was true in so many respects.

So today I had a slight variation on that game. I went in to the bathroom and it was empty. I went to a stall - and by accident a little toot slipped out (I am so laughing as I write this. It's embarrassing, but we've all been there.) Not usually a problem - but remember: I was at work.

Anyway, I figured I was alright because I was alone in the bathroom.

Or at least I thought I was.

Because suddenly I heard the scuffle of feet coming from a stall way down the row.

Now I was in a dilemma.

I had two options:
1. Wait the person out. (Stay in cubicle until other person leaves the bathroom so they don't know who your are)
or
2. Hurry up and leave before they leave their stall.

Now - given that they were trying to remain undiscovered - it became apparent that option 2 really was my only choice.

Not to worry - I got out before discovered, but the whole event did add an un-needed level of stress to the day...

1 Comments:

  • Unfortunately while the bathroom should be the one place where one should be free to take care of whatever personal business they need to without fear of whispering outside, it is not.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home