Canadian Down Under

Thursday, October 25, 2007

How tired are you?

Now - not all of you know, but even if you haven't met me, I'm sure you've already gotten a sense of my lack of love for mornings.

With my new job, I've had to attend daily 8 am morning meetings for the last few weeks (I think it may have even been a month by now....) and they will continue until at least the end of November.

(It's killing me)

And its obvious. So much so that my boss won't say Good Morning until I've taken off my iPod, logged in and have spoken to at least someone (generally its me saying 'morning' to him (note - I dropped 'good'?)). And this morning, a regular commuter commented to me that I don't see to agree well with mornings...

Well today - I stopped on my way in and got my favourite cup of tea. (To put it nicely - tea for me is, at a minimum, my security blanket. In fact, when I went on one of those 'cleansing' diets - I had no problems giving up chocolate, Coca-Cola and most other forms of sweets and yummy food, but I would have considered cutting off my right arm for a cup of tea....)

Anyway, favourite cup of tea in hand, leave coat at desk, head to meeting. While in elevator (that unfortunately had two other people in it) I suddenly burst out 'SHIT'.

I thought about pressing the Emergency Stop button.

Know why?

Yup. I was so tired this morning, that despite making a special detour so I had my caffeinated security blanket with me at this horrible meeting, I was actually in route empty handed.

Dilemma: be on time but no tea? or be late with tea.

Not much of a contest. I was late...

2 Comments:

  • Well if this boss is an arsehole you might have some consequences on the backend, round about evaluation time. But what's important is you feeling better right now.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:02 PM  

  • No - my new boss is a good guy. I actually think he chuckles to himself when he sees me come in each morning....

    By Blogger lala, at 7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home