Canadian Down Under

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

No Longer Habit

When I first started this blog, it was to get me in the habit of writing and hopefully having it become a daily addiction. I did well for a while (its amazing how much free time I had when I first settled in a new city) and then I continued quite well for a time, but I've pretty much fallen off the writing wagon. Not that I don't want to write - it's that something got in the way.

Or should I say someone.

Despite the fact that I write a blog, I'm generally a fairly private person. (People who know me as an acquaintance would be surprised because I'm generally fairly gregarious and am not what you would call reserved - so its easy to hookwink some people into believing that I share everything..) What happened a little while ago is that someone found my blog - someone who had influence over my life (in a personal sense I wouldn't have cared - but it was someone from my office.) After countless inquisitory questions at work about what I'd written or blogged (despite multiple requests that personal be separate from work) I had to let it go.

I had hoped that that person could step up and do as asked - but in the end that wasn't to be.

Months on, I have changed jobs, this other person has changed jobs and I believe I'm free to write again - but I still can't shake the feeling that my every word is being scrutinized. I'm beginning to feel like I can trust and start writing again but I think it will have to be small steps.

Trusting isn't my strong suit, but I'm working on it.

Long story short - I will be back. Now that I've started getting the thoughts in my head out - I can't just shove them all back in. Seems I need to get it all out. It's amazing how the little things that happen to me cause me to write headlines in my head, little vignettes and snippets just dying to be put down.

So...

Soon.

Soon, I'll pick up the good habit once again.

2 Comments:

  • Good. I've missed your writing. I think we all have periods where we think "is this blogging thing really worth it?". Especially when, a la Seinfeld, worlds collide.

    Keep on writing. And happy boxing day in the sun!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:17 AM  

  • Wow

    I don't think anyone in management has been to my blogs. I don't know. I try to not write much when I am really pissed. And I try not to be very specific when talking about work.

    Miss you

    xoxo

    BTW the first case of someone blogging about work was Scott Adams with Dilbert, not Heather Armstrong and Dooce.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home