Canadian Down Under

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Starting Fresh

I'm not much of a New Year's resolutions kind of person, but I do find that I undergo some kind of mindset change with the start of January.

I'm doing it again this year, but I'm actually planning it this time. I've spent the day going through my box. You know the box - the box where all bills are stored/filed and all sorts of things I can't bear to throw away are kept.

I went through that. Got rid of David Jones bills from 2004 (2004??) and other old crap like old Superannuation plans.

While doing that I also did all my admin stuff. I sorted out the final paperwork on my taxes, my insurance and have filled out the forms to clean up my super (Australian version of RRSPs). And now I've had a quick think and come up with a list of things I want to do. Of course there's the usual 'eat better, lose weight, exercise more' but I'm less stressed about those because of my back issues, so maybe its more 'get my back strong' and hopefully that's through increased exercise.

My flat looks tidier - I'm actually running out of things to sort through.

Seems my procrastination technique is running dry of diversions.

So I'm starting fresh. I have 2 days left to decide how widespread I want to make that 'start fresh' binge go.

I've done the physical 'start fresh' - will I do the emotional 'start fresh'?

Haven't decided, but will let you know on the 1st..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home