Canadian Down Under

Monday, January 07, 2008

I resolve

to not make any resolutions as though to correct things that have gone wrong.

In fact, I'm not much of a resolution maker at all, but what I do resolve to do is to look forward. No more looking back with recriminations or thinking how I could have done things better. I'm going to do something I've never done before: I'm going to let it all go.

Simplistic? Well in the writing, but not in the doing.

I'm going to trust in fate. I'm not going to make any decisions aside from deciding that I'll leave it all in fate's hands.

Is this abdicating all adult responsibility? Perhaps - however, it's making me feel good.

Oh which reminds me, perhaps I do have one resolution (despite my saying I wasn't going to make any...) I have decided that this is the year where I'm going to be happy more than I'm sad. (It's completely unrealistic to say I'm going to be happy all the time. Not only is this impossible, it's boring.)

Smile, you're now in happyville!!

1 Comments:

  • Stop it!

    We're still trying to decipher your last post! And you won't even let us use any "life lines!" =D

    I've never been any good at leaving things in the hands of others, whether they be fate or God.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home