Canadian Down Under

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Decision, decsions, decisions...

I don't know what's happened to me, but I've become so indecisive. Too many options perhaps?

So what's keeping me awake at night these days? Well.... nothing actually - I sleep like a baby. Almost like a drugged baby actually... And my weekends are filled with power naps and 'rests' - so yeah, nothing keeps me awake.

Hmmm, come to think of it, I'm probably sleeping too much - but never mind, that's not where I was going today.

Back to decisions and my inability to make any these days. I need some help cause I don't know what to do.

See I'm thinking of buying a new car. (Read - buying a car that's new to me, not 'new') But I can't decide if I should. See - I drive my little shitbox car that's 14 years old and it kinda of suits me - it's a little old Suzuki Vitara (Sidekick for those North Americans reading....) I don't drive to work (or only occasionally) and on weekends I might do city errands or of late I've been doing a lot of day trips.

So what's the problem?

Well, it is getting a little older and probably soon I may need to spend a little money on it in order to keep it in good shape - probably safer if I do the south coast drive later this year. Wouldn't really want it to break down (can you tell I'm talking myself into a new car?)

But truthfully, that's not the real big issue. See my biggest problem is that my little Suzuki doesn't handle bumps very well. And when the car doesn't handle the bumps - neither does my CD player. And do you know how annoying it is that you could be mid-belt, you hit a bump and end up signing at the top of your lungs to no music? Thankfully most drivers in Sydney drive with aircon on and windows up so I never get heard - but then the music skipping makes it hard to sing along - and hey - what's a road trip without singing along to music?

I could just listen to the radio - but Australian radio stations can be a little crappy....

Seems a little excessive to buy a new car just because your CD player skips. But what if I were to buy a new CD player? Would my bumpy car make any player skip? Would I be spending money on an impending money pit?

And should I be thinking of buying a new car when I'm supposedly saving a deposit to buy a house? Where's the priorities?

Could I do both?

Uggh. I can't decide. I just don't have the energy..... Maybe I should just sleep on it.

1 Comments:

  • If the numbers work, trade it in. I have the vehicle I want but the petrol gets to be a pain sometimes.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home