Canadian Down Under

Sunday, October 26, 2008

"maybe I want to look cheap"

A friend of mine loves to write. She actually encouraged me to start this blog oh so many years ago (who could believe I've been writing for years??). Its kind of cool when we catch up because although we met at work - we never talk about it. (Because neither of us really cares about the place...) We talk about life and we often talk about writing. (Mostly hers because she actually is disciplined enough to keep at it regularly...)

Anyway - there's a common interest there - and its funny because a year ago she gave me a journal (I think she decided I needed some encouragement...). Anyway its this cool little notebook which I carry with me. I've written in while I was in Fiji, in Canada and I've been doing some personal writing in it - the stuff only for me, stuff just not appropriate for blogging - as I commute or am out and about.

Anyway - (this is a long-winded story about not much, but bear with me, I'm almost there...) - the cover of this notebook has a woman who's probably a flapper - but it has a saying across the front that says" maybe I want to look cheap" - which kind of cracks me up - however it does seem to attract a lot of attention when I'm writing in public.

A quote from an entry while in Fiji:
"I'm going to have to have a word with Jen about the cover of my book - I forgot about it and having a saying about looking trashy doesn't really seem funny here in Fiji..."

The various pages have different quotes on them - so I've decided I'm going to use them here. So when I have just random thoughts from here on out - I'm going to use the quotes as titles.

You know - this sounded so much better in my head the other day when I first drafted it - but when I re-create it alwasy seems to lose some of that umph from the original version.... Truth is - I'm just not that creative before noon....

Anyway - thanks Jen for making me announce my trashiness rather than letting strangers experience it all on their own..
Being awake is not a good enough reason to write!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home