Canadian Down Under

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Its all about the boobs

About ten years ago when I still lived in Canada, there was a fashion fad which prompted many a female to wear a certain type of shirt that me and my girlfriends called the "Hello" shirts.

"Hello" was short for "Hello, here are my breasts"

Do I need to explain that more?

Well, just in case - it was this type of shirt that basically pushed together and raised up while barely concealing the finest of the female assets. The "hello" nickname transpired one night when me and one of my best girlfriends were out one night and up to our usual mischief in one of the Toronto bars. This drunk girl pushed her way past us to get to the bar and managed to get the bartenders attention simply due to the prominent display of not so ample assets.

We were both mystified due to the immediate attention - (okay - we were just shitty because she'd jumped the queue) - especially since there really wasn't much to look at.

It was all about the shirt.

I learnt a lot about how to say hello.

Now, those of you who have never met may not know this, but I'm not exactly physically challenged in that department and have spent most of my life minimising the prominence of the girls, rather than emphasing them. And my style in clothes simply confirms thats the goal.

Or so I thought.

Until today.

It was a beautiful day today and I was out and about (had to throw a little Canada into this story...) and enjoying the sunshine. Put a little sunscreen on, some sunnies and decided to get some sun on my shoulders.

Well. Seems it was more than shoulders getting some sun.

I seemed to be the recipient of such kindness today. Just thought the stars were correctly aligned or something. Good table, nice waiter - but I did begin to wonder at one point when the guy at the next table kept looking at me and once stop mid-conversation to stare - despite being with his girlfriend. I thought it was pretty weird and mentioned to one of my friends, who promptly responded with:

"My God girl, you brought the girls along today and are letting them out. What did you expect?"

Oops. Seems without realising it, I've got my own "hello" shirt.... albeit ten years late.

Note to self: in a country of poor service, the service today was absolutely fabulous. Thinking I may have to do some more shopping....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home