Canadian Down Under

Sunday, September 06, 2009

I choose me!

You know, being home was fabulous. I feel fully restored to my former self (well, former self with bad jet lag....)

So what happened? Well, nothing really. Nothing except a lot of time (and a lot of quality time) with people whom I love - and love me.

I've always said I have fabulou friends at home - and you know - even though I've been gone 7 years, they still come through.

How right was I?
And how fabulous are my friends?

I love the late night talks at the cottage - because that's where you get the quality chats in . The ones where you get to the heart of the matter. The ones where you laugh til you cry - without seeminf to talk about serious shit along the way - yet somehow you do.

I had one such chat one night with my best friend and somewhere in the midst of it I said "no one ever chooses me".

Now, I can't remember how we got to that point or what precipitated that comment, but I want to be clear: it was not said in a self-pitying kind of way.

Not at all.

It just kind of sums up the last few years.

So it sounds bad - but its really not. See, I got to thinking about it and I wondered why I was expecting others to choose me, when I never seem to choose myself.

A few nights later (another late night conversation at the cottage) I was rehashing with another of those fabulous life long friends I have and I told her about it and she corrected me and said that in fact, many people choose me. Her being one of them.

A slight different perspective on what I originally meant, but still, she was right.

And in the end, its not just them, its me as well.

I choose me too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home