Canadian Down Under

Friday, September 11, 2009

"So how is it that a girl like you is still single?"

That's number one on my list of really stupid fucking questions.

How in the hell are you meant to answer that?
And the worst part is that generally when people ask, they already think they know the answer. And sometimes they can't help themselves but share it.
Apparently current reasons include:
  • I'm too picky
  • I'm a 'career' girl (whatever that means - and besides whoever said that really doesn't know me)
  • I'm too smart
  • I don't like men (not true - but that doesn't stop some of the older generation from thinking if I'm this old and single, I must be gay....)

I'm sure there have been other reasons, but damned if I know what they are.

What kills me is when some guy asks me that. Especially when they rave on about how wonderful I am and then ask. What the??? I actually think they are in a better place to comment on that than me... seeing as they're the guy who doesn't want to date me...

Not sure where this rant came from today - but I'm just here to entertain....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home