Canadian Down Under

Thursday, January 07, 2010

Au Naturel....

This is so not going to be about what you first thought....

I need 'au naturel'. Food that is. It seems that being away from North America has made me a little bit complacent about watching what food I eat.

And no - its not about losing weight. I think its been well documented throughout this blog that me and weight loss are not the best of friends... I try my best to keep my distance from that subject these days.

So what am I talking about? I'm talking about the fact that I can't eat anything with additives or preservatives - or precious few - and I seem to have forgotten that this week. (Or more specifically, this trip home).

Because when I eat things I'm not suppose to - I end up like I did yesterday: in a dark room, craving absolute silence, begging for sleep so I can escape the pain and nausea.

Yup. Migraines.

I still have a headache today - but at least I'm functional.

So - because I'm special - it seems that regular migraine triggers have zero impact on me. Bring on the chocolate and caffeine! I'm good to go. Even cheeses. Its just that processsed or manufactured food does my head in. Literally. And, unfortunately, in North America there's a lot of it. And its so much easier than trying to eat real food.

But I didn't expect to be tripped up by a chocolate chip cookie.

Seriously - I am the original cookie monster - and I'm going to have to hang up my hat. See, when food actually makes me sick - I can't touch it again for months - perhaps years.

I'm so going to miss you cookie!!

1 Comments:

  • Sticking to a natural diet is a must for health.

    By Blogger Great, at 1:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home