Canadian Down Under

Monday, November 16, 2009

Terrifying!

Music is the thing that I love most in this world - but it is the thing that absolutely terrifies me as well.

Well, performing is what terrifies me.

So today's music lesson was quite terrifying.... My music teacher taped our lesson. And then she made me listen to parts of it.

You know what that's like? Its like listening to your speaking voice for the first time. It so doesn't sound like what you hear yourself in your head when you sing.

Does that make sense??

Well, it was good and bad - I'll start with the bad:
  • it was terrifying
  • my nervousness shows when I sing
  • it actually cracks when I go high

The good?

  • when I stop worrying and forget to be nervous - I actually have a nice voice.
  • sometimes I even enjoyed listening instead of cringing in horror...

Surprising. Terrifying but surprising. Made me somewhat believe that perhaps I could sing - which is what my music teacher has been telling me for a while. But it also showed where I need to do some work: I need to not be nervous and I need to believe in myself.

No small order for me! (That could pretty much be said in many areas of my life...)

But the best news of all? I survived.

Yeah me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home