Canadian Down Under

Friday, January 15, 2010

Borderline Violation

Strong words, I know.

Anyone travelled into the United States lately? Say since December 26th? Then you know what I'm talking about.

If this doesn't hamper the travel industry, I'm not sure what will.

So aside from the reduction in the cabin baggage allowance (which I'm actually okay with - aside from the fact that you're not allowed to use backpacks - only handbags...) there's only one real change: the extra search.

aka: the pat down.

So where does this happen? In security? In customs?

Oh no - it happens as you try to get through to your gate. So you think you've gone through all the checkpoints and you're about to settle down and wait at your gate - but no, there's one more line.

The pat down line.

So they start with going through each item you have with you. And I mean EACH item. They actually flipped through the pages of my books and went through even nook and cranny in my wallet,not to mention everything else.

And then they began the pat down - in front of every other passenger waiting to get to their gate.

Like a full on pat down.

And although I understand the need to be careful about air travel - do they really need to pat down my breasts and check I have nothing in my bra in front of a shitload of people. Including the guy who smiled/smirked at me getting what most would consider 'felt up'.

Not fun. Not something I'd like to do very often. Can't imagine doing that every week if Iwas travelling in and out of the States.

If that happened anywhere else - I'd feel violated.

To be honest - I was humming and hawing about what title I could use for this - but I'm thinking that borderline violation is probably appropriate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home