Canadian Down Under

Friday, January 15, 2010

Today is the first day of the rest of your life....

Damn I hope not. You'll have to shoot me right now if that's true!!

Talk about bor-ing!

Okay - exaggerating a little. Perhaps its the post holiday blues.

Can you have the post holiday blues if your life is just one big vacation????? (I did mention I quit my job a few months ago right?)

Well, newly back from a winter trip home and I guess on day 2 I'm settling back into life's routine, but the truth is - I don't really have a routine. And in fact, I'm now just kind of killing time until I pack up and go to Canada for 6 months (perhaps longer.... have I mentioned that before??)

Killing time is a little harsh - and I think some of my friends here might be insulted by that (sorry if you are - its not personal). I do have things planned - but it really does feel like the countdown has begun.

Next week is the start of a six week course. But what's really playing in the back of my mind are questions like:
- when should I ship my cat home
- what do I do with all my furniture? ship or sell?
- where do I sell? and for how much?
- when should I book my ticket?
- how am I ever going to get through all the crap I've accumulated?

Its different temporarily (maybe permanently...) leaving Australia vs leaving Canada - but mostly because of people's reactions - and partly my own.

See the friends I've made here are excited for me. And they are actively trying to catch up with me before I go - whereas when I left Canada I found my friends seemed almost hurt I was leaving (my words) and definitely not excited and sometimes too busy for me. I don't think on purpose - but I'm just comparing the two.

And for me? I was definitely more excited to head this way. The change this time seems bigger - especially since its seems all so up in the air.... Maybe its because I know what its going to be like and how hard it will be. Friends at home think it'll be easy because they are all there - but the truth is, they have full, busy lives and although they will definitely make time for me - it won't fill all the voids that moving will create.

Anyway - I don't know how I got to here from where I started - but I guess my point is that I'm going to have to do at least one useful thing a day so I don't feel like I'm just passing time.

Will work on that and will try to report on how I'm going.

Not sure how entertaining that will be for either of us - but if it turns out any good - please don't hesitate to let me know. (I need all the encouragement I can get!)

2 Comments:

  • interesting - so you're going back for good? what course will you be doing - singing maybe?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:45 PM  

  • I don't believe I said one way or the other about how permanent my trip back was. I'd be more comfortable sharing that if I knew who was asking...

    As for the course - no its not singing - been doing that for years....its something else & something new.

    By Blogger lala, at 10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home