Canadian Down Under

Sunday, January 30, 2005

Google Search Yourself

Sounds kind of rude - but it's not - just a little self-absorbed. I couldn't help myself, I was inspired by a recent event while setting up my new home phone number. I had phoned Telstra to set up the phone and was going through the usual tedious downloading of personal information when we hit a snag. I had given them my first and last name but that wasn't enough - they then asked for me middle name - which I gave them with a sigh of resignation (I hate giving out personal information) - then they asked for my birthdate - which I reluctantly gave them (see above reason and add the fact that I hate that I'm getting older....). After which, the operator I was speaking to paused - and just as I was starting to worry that I had been a little rude - she asked hesitantly, "Ummm, do you have a phone line in Queensland?" Okay - for those of you who are not familiar with Australian geography - that's like asking if a Torontonian has another home phone number in Trois Rivieres.... Obviously, the answer was no. What had happened? There's another person out there with a first, last and middle name the same as mine with the exact same birthdate! Kind of weird in a freaky way - but it got me thinking - who else is out there living with my name? (I don't care when they were - before or after me - it's still MY name.) Hence, the Google search.

Did you know that I am a engineer; have a boyfriend named Tim; have been married to Mike for a year; am an expert on world history; am running a try-out camp for paralympians; want to help adolescents become better people (truly, the website says that..); am a Denvey diva (whatever that is); am a seventh grade art teacher; am on the US handball team and have been convicted of credit card fraud? And, it seems, that's only the top ten!! (My favourite is the credit card fraud article....)

Who knew I was so interesting?

1 Comments:

  • There will always and forever only be one Laura J. Ryan for me !

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home