Canadian Down Under

Friday, January 14, 2005

The Night Ocean

Just got back in. Went out to rent a DVD and took a detour.

From Manly, you can still see the lightning storm that's in the city, but there's no rain here yet. The sun has gone down and the wind has picked up - all the necessary ingredients for a fabulous night ocean show.

I went to my favourite place: just off the Corso there are steps down to the main beach and I love to sit there and watch the waves. Tonight they were foamy, frequent and steady - the wind likely the cause. The sea spray was in the air tonight and as I sat and watched and listened, I felt the summer's warmth in the air, and at the same time, felt the cold of the approaching storm.

There's something about the wind and the waves that affects me - sometimes its unsettling, but mostly its just mesmerizing. My mind goes blank and it makes all those little, but annoying everyday problems disappear. Didn't stay long, but the night ocean had once again worked its magic. I am in love with Australia once again.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home