Canadian Down Under

Monday, February 28, 2005

Books I Liked Reading

One of the common questions I hear from friends today is, "Have you read any good books lately?" Usually, I can't remember what I've been reading (never a good sign), but I just finished a book that I quite liked, so I thought I'd share with you: The Time Traveller's Wife. (I hate to admit - but I believe at one point is was on Oprah's recommended reading list....Nevertheless, it's still quite good.)

I was intrigued because its a romance story interwoven through time - where only one half of the couple time travels.

One of the reasons I picked it up (besides the blurb being fairly well written) is that it reminded of a book I read based on a friend's recommendation (her favourite book). The book was called "Replay" and was written by Ken Grimwood. It's funny - at the time I thought the book was okay - but I've never forgotten it and to this day, the premise still intrigues me (read the synopsis here: http://www.lostbooks.org/reviews/2001-02-20-1.html) Obviously a much better book that I originally gave it credit for...

Since I always like to hear of good books to read, I just thought I'd share.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home